How To Halt Halitosis
Are you struggling with bad breath? Dentists call this condition halitosis and it affects about 20 percent of people today. To make bad breath better or avoid the ailment all together, follow this expert advice.
Reasons for Halitosis
In order to treat and beat bad breath, you have to know the cause of your condition. Discover the most common causes of this embarrassing condition:
- Lack of regular brushing
- Failing to floss every day
- Plaque build-up on teeth, gums, and tongue that breeds sour-smelling bacteria
- Not visiting an affordable dentist for regular dental check-ups and cleanings
- Dry mouth, which means that there isn’t enough saliva to wash away lingering oral bacteria
- Oral infections
- Odorous foods and drinks, such as garlic, onions, and coffee
- Tobacco use
- Medical conditions and medications
Advice for Avoiding Bad Breath
According to family dentistry experts, halitosis can be simple to treat, but it’s even easier to prevent. The best strategy is better oral hygiene. Try these simple suggestions to stop bad breath before it can start:
- Brush your teeth at least twice a day, preferably after each meal and snack.
- Try an advanced toothpaste designed to fight halitosis. Ask your family dentistry clinic for brand recommendations.
- Floss at least once a day, but preferably after every meal and snack.
- Use a tongue scraper to remove bacteria build-up on your tongue that results in bad breath.
- Use an antibacterial mouth rinse to kill lingering oral bacteria.
- Visit an affordable dentist for regular check-ups and cleanings.
To learn about our family dentistry practice in Baltimore, call Dental One Associates of Cross Keys today at (443) 863-6394 or make an appointment.
Dental One Associates offers affordable family dentistry and gentle, compassionate dental care in Baltimore. With 12 affiliated practices throughout Maryland, our offices are conveniently located with extended hours to meet your needs. At Dental One Associates of Cross Keys, we provide most dental services, from basic preventative care and general dentistry to specialized procedures and complete dental reconstruction. We accept most dental insurance plans and offer affordable financial solutions for any budget. Patient satisfaction is our top priority and we strive to provide the exceptional, affordable dental care and personal touch that lead to lasting relationships. A smiling patient is our greatest reward and we look forward to keeping those smiles healthy, beautiful, and bright. Discover an affordable dentist who truly cares at Dental One Associates of Cross Keys.