8 Great Dental Care Tips from the Best Dentist Experts
Good dental care doesn’t have to hard, as long as you follow these easy steps for keeping your smile healthy.
- Get regular check-ups from an affordable dentist. This a dental care must because only a dentist can detect potential problems like tooth decay and gum disease. And early detection allows for easier and less expensive treatment. That’s why you need to find the best dentist for you and go twice a year.
- Brush your teeth at least twice a day. Try to brush after every meal, but at the very least, brush in the morning and at night. The best dentist will recommend using a toothbrush with a smaller head so you can reach your teeth in the back better. And look for a soft-bristled toothbrush, which is gentler on teeth and gums.
- Brush carefully and completely. Brush your teeth for two to three minutes each time to ensure a thorough cleaning.
- Find a fluoridated toothpaste. Fluoride is an important part of dental care because it strengthens tooth enamel and decreases your risk of decay. Ask an affordable dentist to recommend the best brand for you.
- loss daily. Flossing allows you to remove the food particles and plaque that a toothbrush alone can’t reach. Always floss at least once a day using a gentle, back-and-forth motion to clean between every tooth.
- Slash sugary foods and drinks. When you have sugar-filled foods, bacteria in your mouth changes the sugars into acids which lead to plaque and tooth decay. Try to cut out or cut down on these sugary snacks to avoid harming your teeth.
- Avoid acidic drinks. The acids in beverages like sodas and fruit juices can erode your tooth enamel, which can lead to tooth decay and gum disease. Try to stay away from acidic drinks, but if you occasionally have one, rinse your mouth with water afterward.
- Don’t use teeth as tools. Your teeth are meant for chewing food, not for opening bottle caps, holding pens, or ripping open packages. These harsh actions can chip, crack, or even break teeth. Instead, keep real tools nearby in order to keep your teeth intact.
To learn about our family dentistry practice in Baltimore, call Dental One Associates of Cross Keys today at (443) 863-6394 or make an appointment.
Dental One Associates offers affordable family dentistry and gentle, compassionate dental care in Baltimore. With 12 affiliated practices throughout Maryland, our offices are conveniently located with extended hours to meet your needs. At Dental One Associates of Cross Keys, we provide most dental services, from basic preventative care and general dentistry to specialized procedures and complete dental reconstruction. We accept most dental insurance plans and offer affordable financial solutions for any budget. Patient satisfaction is our top priority and we strive to provide the exceptional, affordable dental care and personal touch that lead to lasting relationships. A smiling patient is our greatest reward and we look forward to keeping those smiles healthy, beautiful, and bright. Discover an affordable dentist who truly cares at Dental One Associates of Cross Keys.